Wednesday, October 17, 2007

nervously diagnosing my system

it is now a rainy afternoon in San Salvador
it was sunny just a few minutes ago, but rain seems to come very quickly here- one minute blue skies and the next an outpouring of the heavens.

I have not posted for the past few days because I have managed to get quite sick
I am currently facing the third day of almost completely continual nausea.
From morning until evening (with a most welcomed break while i sleep) I have felt incredibly nauseous.
I do not know exactly what the reason for this is, but it started in Antigua the afternoon before David and Suzannah came to pick us up.
It was a rough ride to San Salvador speeding down winding roads for four hours, but the gravol (and God) somehow got me through it.

Yesterday I had an interesting experience
after almost 48 hours of nausea Suzannah took me to the doctor she goes to here
The woman is a licensed doctor...but she is also licensed in reflexology and some other more..."cosmic" practices.
She had me lie down in a darkened room with soothing music playing and poked around in my ear with a sort of wand
by the nerves in my ear she was able to diagnose me and she said that my nausea and stomach pain is a result of my nervous system being down...and something wrong with my gall bladder and colon.
She then put some crystal rocks on my stomach and chest and these little electric charges on my ears and had me lie there for a very long 15 minutes.
parts were a little bit funky, but Suzannah has said she's always been helpful in the past so i am giving it a go.
she also prescribed some medicine (don't worry- it's not "cosmic" in any way. just an over the counter drug) which i have started taking- we will see if it helps
i still feel nauseous today but it is much better than yesterday

I am trying to eat at least a little bit at every meal, although the idea of food is often not a welcome thought
Thomas and suzannah have been taking great care of me- making tea, driving me to the pharmacy, rubbing my tummy when i feel like i am going to throw up.
and i am looking forward to this sickness passing

in the mean time your prayers would be VERY much appreciated.
It is frustrating being here and not being able to get involved in anything
all i have really seen of El Salvador is the inside of this house it feels like!
I have been lying around for the past 2 days reading lots, watching a bit of tv, or just resting.

today, as i am feeling a bit better, I discovered a fun photo program on this computer
as you will see Tom and I had lots of fun
now, unfortunately, i feel nauseous again (the excitement was too much i guess!) but i am learning to deal with the feeling and am able to get a few things done.

Please keep both of us in your prayers with an added emphasis on health.

peace to you all.
enjoy the photos!

love em and tom





2 comments:

Lisa said...

Whatever you have sounds super yukky!!! I'll pray lots for health for both of you. My advice is Acidopholis. It's a bacteria that your tummy needs to stay normal and in my experiance it helps everything. When Eric went to El Salvadore he took it and it helped keep away all kinds of things that the others caught.

much love to you both,
lisa

Anonymous said...

From those photos it appears that being nauseous is the least of your worries! Pray that you feel better soon.

love,

Dad